Roger and I had to get up early Friday morning so I could catch the train. It was a trip I didn't want to make, and so it wasn't a happy morning. But as we went out the door we saw that the sky outside was absolutely amazing. I stopped only momentarily to snap this shot of the sunrise with my iPhone. Not bad for a phone; but I wish I could've recorded the pink light and how it bathed everything in the landscape in a soft warm glow; or the way the colors stretched away from the sunrise and across the entire sky with wide bands of glowing pink streamers of clouds against ribbons of deep aquamarine blue.
Or the vivid section of rainbow we spotted to the right of the rising sun as we sped away in the car. I have seen more rainbows this summer than I think I've seen in all other years combined. Even so, I never get tired of seeing them. I think they'll always be special and magical to me - as do even the more often seen pink clouds and aqua blue sky. Such things may be of little practical use to our lives, but I'm always grateful when they appear.
3 comments:
what a beautiful pic wish i could have seen it in person...
i will say it again. your photos are real good (i too think this one is beautiful and very interesting in its composition.). maybe pursue photography ...
Thanks guys. Honestly, it was just taken on the run with a phone that has no choice in settings. You just have to click and hope for the best.
Post a Comment