My friend Marck just sent me this photo. I thought it was worth posting for amusement value. I was at a birthday party in Pottstown PA (which was the reason for the Mardi Gras beads.)What a sheepish look on my face! Perhaps I had a premonition that I would soon be eating two chocolate cupcakes, icing first...
This was taken only this past October 6th; and yet look how warm it was. I remember I only started to feel comfortably cool after the sun started to set.
It's hard to imagine that tonight here in Upstate NY, where the temperature outside is currently 5, predicted to go down to -1.
So this photo is a nice reminder that warmer days will come again. You would think that after going through forty-some-odd winters it would be a familar routine to me. Yet still some part of me always seems to need convincing that the sun will come back one day.
1 comment:
happy birthday! the sun will come again, I promise!
Post a Comment