Tuesday, January 22, 2008

dressed

who died?
Here's a photo of myself after an interview today. I thought I’d post it just for the record. This is what I look like for weddings, funerals and job interviews. Same suit; maybe a different necktie. I don’t mind business casual wear (khakis, dress shirt, etc.), but I detest the suit. It’s not just the Joan Crawford shoulders, the fake pockets or the slinky, highly static, itchy, hot in the summer, draughty in the winder, wool blend fabric. There’s just something unnatural about the whole thing. I find almost as much discomfort wearing this as I do the actual going to weddings, funerals and job interviews. Who created this kind of clothing? Aliens?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look very handsome Dan. Though I must admit I'm like you in that I don't really appreciate playing "dress up".

Roger said...

Heath Ledger - right? But, that's not the point. You do look great in the suit and otherwise, honey!

purlewe said...

I think you look great. I know you hate them, and everything about them makes you squirm.. but I think you look wonderful.

Mark said...

Mmmm - actually don't mind wearing a collar shirt and a sportscoat sometimes; it is the necktie that drive me crazy. What an absolute waste of material - it never ties correctly, chokes you, makes your neck look squashed, gets caught in things, spots with food/drink, and just dangles there like a limp phallic symbol. Fortunately, have not had to wear one for at least six years at work or otherwise. Think that I have forgot how to tie one - yeah!

Anonymous said...

HANDSOME!

Dan said...

garsh, thanks!