Sunday, November 25, 2007

a little light in the gloom

(The mysterious dark figure on the right is me.)
We just put christmas lights up on the house this weekend. Roger wanted to do it before he went away on his business trip this week. I was worried that getting the lights up along the eave would be really difficult, but it turned out not to be not so bad at all. (We used special hooks and a special pole.)

In case you don't already know, I'm the kind of person who gets depressed instead of cheerful when the holidays come. Don't worry: I don't intend to go into the reasons here. But I will say there are a few things about this time of year I do like; among them being snow and icicles shimmering in the sunlight, time spent with good friends, and strings of lights decked out on houses and trees.

1 comment:

Breenlantern said...

The house looks great! Miss you guys. Want to come decorate our place? Could you bring a bear in a tree? (LOL)