HELLO THERE!
I know, I’ve been very bad. I’ve done let my blog go stale again!
The holidays happened, you know. (I won’t say they happened like shit happens. That wouldn't be nice, and well, it really wasn’t that bad once it was done and over.) And then it seemed like I still never had a peaceful moment to sit and think and write.
But things have gotten better. When I look back, it’s hard to fathom what an awful month December was for me. Anyone who knows me well knows I have my ups and downs, but let’s just say I am so very happy to say goodbye to the end of 2008. Goodbye and good riddance. And like a switch being turned on, 2009 has been a wonderful nice shiny new year so far.
And the work situation; well I know I need to write again about that too, because things have also gotten better there since that bad workday I wrote about (see “tolerance.”)
It’s not like some people there aren’t still bigots and didn’t say things that were innapropriate and insensitive. But I guess I’ve learned a bit more about my coworkers since then, and also a little about myself too. Some people are nicer than they seemed at first. And as for the ignorant ones, well it’s much easier for me to shrug them off, feel some pity perhaps, even laugh at the irony, and move on.
There’s so much more I could write now, but I’ll just leave it simple for now. And positive. How about that for a change?
I know, I’ve been very bad. I’ve done let my blog go stale again!
The holidays happened, you know. (I won’t say they happened like shit happens. That wouldn't be nice, and well, it really wasn’t that bad once it was done and over.) And then it seemed like I still never had a peaceful moment to sit and think and write.
But things have gotten better. When I look back, it’s hard to fathom what an awful month December was for me. Anyone who knows me well knows I have my ups and downs, but let’s just say I am so very happy to say goodbye to the end of 2008. Goodbye and good riddance. And like a switch being turned on, 2009 has been a wonderful nice shiny new year so far.
And the work situation; well I know I need to write again about that too, because things have also gotten better there since that bad workday I wrote about (see “tolerance.”)
It’s not like some people there aren’t still bigots and didn’t say things that were innapropriate and insensitive. But I guess I’ve learned a bit more about my coworkers since then, and also a little about myself too. Some people are nicer than they seemed at first. And as for the ignorant ones, well it’s much easier for me to shrug them off, feel some pity perhaps, even laugh at the irony, and move on.
There’s so much more I could write now, but I’ll just leave it simple for now. And positive. How about that for a change?
- - -
I was just getting ready to sign off for now, even though I had no picture to post. BUT as luck would have it, I took a look in my camera and found this eerie shot of part of our yard after one of the ice storms of December.
I didn’t think this would come out at all, since I was shooting right into the sun:
I guess the camera filtered out the glare. What did we do before the days of digital cameras? I think this looks pretty darn cool, if you ask me!
4 comments:
WELCOME BACK !!!
for the first instant I thought it was a mountain with snow on top.. and then my eyes saw that it was the sun. LOVELY shot.
Glad work is more bear-able. sending hugs from philly!
wow, cool space ship :)
Glad the new year is showing new possibilities for coping with old a-holes.
Love you.
Happy New Year, Dan. I loved being able to spend the brand New Year's Day with you! Oh, and your birthday too! Take good care.
Post a Comment