I think these are white pines, and the long soft needles seem to be particularly prone to collecting freezing rain and putting a lot of weight on the branches. You can't tell in the picture, but the trees did not look like their normal selves. They were slumped and bend over.
We lost power at 2 AM yesterday morning. Fortunately it returned sometime during the day while we were at work. Many people in the area are still waiting for their electricity to be restored.
On a lighter note, the storm decorated the side of our house with lots of little icicles:
5 comments:
As pretty as all of that is, it doesn't look like much fun at all! Brr....
The photos - as always - are great. Hope things have improved.
I love the ice drippings on your house.....though, I am sure it was mighty cold out ....it still captures the purity of winter :)
I like the ice droppings...they show you another side of winter ...the silence of it all till it all melts :)
Happy Birthday dahling!!!
Post a Comment