Wednesday, September 9, 2009

line in the sky


This shimmering jet contrail loomed over my head in the sky this morning. A stream of water vapor is nothing extraordinary in itself (or is it?), but the way it alone was captured the morning sun above the blue-gray clouds made me feel like I was catching a glimpse through a window into another realm. When I initially spotted it, it was perfectly straight and bright, like a strange filament of light; but by the time I went back into the house to get the camera it had already dissipated to the irregular streak you see here. Too bad. I should’ve moved faster, but I was taking out the trash at the time.

2 comments:

A Lewis said...

AMAZING picture....it all fits in the realm of the Space Shuttle and International Space Station which we will be seeing overhead Portland in exactly 7 minutes! Gotta run....we're headed up to the roof.

purlewe said...

I really like it. It looks like the shell of a blue eg is cracked. Very nice.

Sue and I send our love. We have been missing you!