Sunday, November 9, 2008

going to work

It's Sunday evening, and another weekend is coming to an end. Of course Roger and I never manage to do all the things we hope to get done in one weekend. Just the same, I think going to work has been really good for me. It's not like it has been a major life-enriching experience; it's just that, lame as it may sound, the routine has added a sense of normalcy and stability to my life that was sorely missing. If only this were permanent. Well, it will at least be good for a while.

This is a slightly altered (blurred) shot from my iPhone one rainy morning about a week ago. I was in the Beetle, parked on the upper level of a garage, getting ready to walk to work in the rain. Everything was gray except for the blazing line of trees across the highway. I liked the colors and way the rain ran in streaks and distorted the view.

3 comments:

Breenlantern said...

...and it's always fun to join in the bitching about work around the dinner table with the guys. It also makes tomorrow being a day off for both of us more exciting!!!!

Alan said...

You're absolutely right about a more structured day. I know what you mean.

A Lewis said...

There's something to be said for "normalcy and stability"....even if we don't always like it. I'm so glad that I was right there in Albany for your very first day on the job! Looking forward to seeing you at New Years.