I would say this is our most successful adventure in the garden. It seems that growing pumpkins is pretty darn easy. Alas, we weren't nearly as fortunate with our tomatoes. Too bad we can't eat these pumpkins (except for maybe the seeds); their flesh is hard and tough like a gourd's.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
pile o' pumpkins
The pumpkin harvest is in! Leetle mini pumkins. Ain't they cute?!
This isn't the whole harvest; we've already given quite a few away. Next year I want to grow little white ones too!
I would say this is our most successful adventure in the garden. It seems that growing pumpkins is pretty darn easy. Alas, we weren't nearly as fortunate with our tomatoes. Too bad we can't eat these pumpkins (except for maybe the seeds); their flesh is hard and tough like a gourd's.
I would say this is our most successful adventure in the garden. It seems that growing pumpkins is pretty darn easy. Alas, we weren't nearly as fortunate with our tomatoes. Too bad we can't eat these pumpkins (except for maybe the seeds); their flesh is hard and tough like a gourd's.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
the cuteness!! it is full of the squeee!!!!
also hey.. congrats on a temp job for a long time. That is very exciting.
Mmmm - I was hoping for some home made pumpkin pie with lots and lots of wipped cream!
I don't think you'd get very edible pie from these pumpkins. But yeah, pumpkin pie does sound nice. You can have my whipped cream though - I like it better without.
Post a Comment