In case anyone is wondering how's the new/old job going; all is well. It's like I never left. Remembering how to do things came back to me just like riding a bicycle, only not as fun.
What do I do? Shuffle papers. I sit in a huge room full of people and organize tax forms so they can be put in a machine and scanned. It's dull, but not excruciating.
It helps that, just like the last job, there is some entertainment in eavesdropping.
Conversation overheard today:
WOMAN #1: "I got a bald spot on the back of my head from (unintelligible) two years ago, and it still hasn’t gone away.”
WOMAN #2: "(unintelligible) …a girl who broke up with her boyfriend. The last time she saw him she told him 'I don’t love you anymore.' Then she got in her car to drive away, but he pulled out his gun and shot her through her rear window. The bullet hit her in the head, but her wig stopped it and she was okay. Girl, as soon as I heard that, I said the next time I go to the club I’m going to wear my wig!”
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
My gosh, it sounds like you're having enough fun for all of us!
You must invite these ladies to MAD on Saturday *snicker*
My word verification is "diatick" which means: diet fanatic...and that's what I am right now, a diatick
Hmm... "diatick" looks more to me like a fusion of the words "diabolical" and "tick."
;-P
"... next time I go to the club I’m going to wear my wig!”
Sounds like good advice to me.
Post a Comment