Update on the Phillies... Here is a report from our friend Marck in Philadelphia:
"Ahh - you should (or maybe not) be in Philly right now (10/29 - 10:30pm). It is absolute bedlam - cars honking, people in the streets screaming, firecrackers, sirens, flashing lights, did I mention screaming, jumping up and down, beer drenching, kissing, hugging, butt slapping, breast flashing, towel twirling, did I mention screaming and shouting, spitting, trash cans on fire, confetti flying, flags twirling, cocktails being poured and splashed about, cars turned over, hollering ...... will be no sleep tonight. "
Thanks Marck.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thanks Dan for the posting - unfortunately, more on the bedlam - there were car burnings, store windows smashed, looting, fights, beatings, and robberies. Tomorrow (Fri - 10/31) is the parade - probably more insanity will pervail. Can I come and visit you for a couple of days. Proud of the Phillies win - not proud and disappointed with my fellow citizens. Mmm chocolate cake - agree with you dude - that is excitment.
The following is a comment from Sean (which I accidentally deleted):
“Seems like Americans need to stop throwing around uncivilized as a description for anyone other than ourselves...disgusting and inexcusable. I mean, it's not like it's a white sale at Macy's or a new episode of Ab Fab... *snicker*
get a grip and grow up.
sigh...I'm glad you're here and not there.”
And here is my reply …
“Sean, at least in this instance, I'd venture to say I don't think Americans are the sole champions of moronic behaviour; taking into account the mob antics that have taken place at soccer events across the globe.
As for a white sale at Macy's, well let's just say I personally can think of better things to riot about, such as civil rights and free chocolate cake.”
The following is a comment from Purlewe:
"It was relatively quiet at my house once the streakers stopped undressing and ran over the Broad. "
EDITOR'S NOTE:
What she MEANT to say was:
"It was relatively quiet at my house once the streakers stopped undressing and ran over to Broad (Street)."
Post a Comment