Yesterday was no exception - Though I should note this breakfast in particular was exceptional because it was Sean's birthday and, if that weren't enough, Mark brought out a luscious piece of carrot cake for us to share for dessert.
Afterwards, we went to a nearby flower market (kind of like an open air farmer’s market, only with garden plants.) Jeffrey had his newly-acquired very cool little red digital camera to document the moment. Here are Sean, Roger and I (looking a oddly bit angular, I should note) at the market:
Sean and Jeffrey walked us and our wagonload of petunias to our car, where, while we were saying our goodbyes, Sean and I decided to add some artwork to the dirt in the rear window (much to Roger’s chagrin.) First I drew a snail. We decided must be Gary, Spongebob Squarepant’s pet. So Sean (aka Doodle Bear), quite deftly added Spongebob himself on the other end of the window.
Well, lots of rain has happened between then and now. I can’t complain: we've needed it. More than that; yesterday as the sun dropped low to the horizon, the most fantastic rainbow I’ve ever seen appeared in the sky. It was a complete arch. The right end was especially vivid where it touched the horizon; and to the right of that, part of a secondary arch appeared. It was a magical end to a wonderful day.
But yes, the rains have washed the car clean. Have we lost Spongebob and Gary forever?
Well, lots of rain has happened between then and now. I can’t complain: we've needed it. More than that; yesterday as the sun dropped low to the horizon, the most fantastic rainbow I’ve ever seen appeared in the sky. It was a complete arch. The right end was especially vivid where it touched the horizon; and to the right of that, part of a secondary arch appeared. It was a magical end to a wonderful day.
But yes, the rains have washed the car clean. Have we lost Spongebob and Gary forever?
Nay; somehow a mysterious image remains...

1 comment:
Be careful. This is the kind of miracle that people come from far and wide to worship. Have there been any miraculous healings?
Post a Comment